Acupuncture covers a wide range of services, including:
- Respiratory: allergies, cold & flu
- Gastrointestinal: IBS, acid reflux, digestion difficulties
- Gynecological: PMS, menopause, infertility, irregular menses
- Neurological: headaches, migraines, stroke recovery
- Emotional: stress, anxiety, insomnia, depression
- Musculo-skeletal: back pain, sciatica, arthritis, joint pain, tennis & golfer's elbow
- Urogenital: UTI, incontinence, sexual dysfunction
- Other Benefits: weight control, immune disorders, fibromylagia, chronic fatigue syndrome, addictions
The ancient Chinese believed in a universal life energy called Qi (pronounced “chee”) that circulates throughout every living being along pathways in the body. Health was maintained if this energy flowed freely. Pain and disease occur when these pathways are blocked and the Qi no longer flows well. Imagine your body like a string of holiday lights...if one light is out, the entire string goes dark. Acupuncture is the placement of fine needles along these pathways, stimulating a focused response from the nervous, cardiovascular, musculo-skeletal, hormonal, and immune systems, restoring Qi movement and bringing harmony back to the body.
Acupuncture can be accompanied by the following modalities:
Chinese herbs have unique properties and functions that send specific messages to the organ systems. This reprograms their function and restores balance to the body. Herbal medicine works very well in conjunction with acupuncture and gives the patient the opportunity to extend their healing session at home, in between acupuncture treatments. Once a diagnosis is made a personalized formula is constructed from the thousands of classic herbal combinations.
Cupping therapy is a very useful tool for those of us with tight muscles - a stiff neck, a sore back, etc. Once you try it, you'll love it, we promise.
Before a consultation you’ll want to start by keeping a food journal for a couple weeks. You’ll record what you eat and when. Make sure to include data on exercise, sleep, and your daily level of energy to inform us how your life and food are affecting one another. We will give you a custom eating plan, with what foods to avoid, and what foods to introduce into your diet.